    SubjectRe: 2.1.123 and fbcon.c

    Edward S. Marshall writes:

    > This is one place where a "patch queue" (ala the jitterbug setup) really
    > It gives the developers the feedback they desperately need when they want
    > to make sure that your eyes will eventually hit the patch, as opposed to
    > not knowing if they should just resend it, and whether you got it that
    > time, etc, etc, ad infinitum.
    > Note that I am not saying "use jitterbug". I'm saying, "use a public patch
    > queue", and nothing else should be implied from what I'm suggesting here.

    Linus deserves a customized mail client. Someone in the local area
    ought to consider hacking the software Linus already uses. The SVLUG
    would be perfect for it, with plenty of people that could discuss
    the issue face-to-face. For example, function keys could be useful:

    F1 applied
    F2 corrupt
    F3 obsolete
    F4 wait for 2.3.xx
    F5 send to person listed in MAINTAINERS file
    F6 remove me from the Cc: list
    F7 maybe later, no time right now

    Many functions could send a short response (prompt Linus for one line?)
    and perform a mailbox action at the same time. Linus can save a few
    keystrokes if he can respond to the sender and store or forward at the
    same time.

    > Hmmm...shorten the latency by offloading some of the router CPU's
    > current workload onto other systems (a babysitter, nanny,
    > housekeeper, patch collector, etc)?

    That is another set of jobs for a local user group. Most of us are
    too far away to really help, but there must be thousands of willing
    Linux users in the local area.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:44    [W:3.212 / U:0.008 seconds]