    SubjectRe: 2.1.123 and fbcon.c

    On Tue, 29 Sep 1998, Theodore Y. Ts'o wrote:
    > Yet I had to resubmit the patch and the explanation at least
    > *THREE* times, over the course of 2-3 weeks, before I finally got a
    > response out of you. And this was for a utterly uncontroversial patch!

    Note that if some person cannot be bothered to re-submit, I don't WANT the
    patch. Anybody who is not willing to take that much care of his patches
    that he can't maintain it while I haven't accepted it, I don't want to
    accept patches from anyway.

    The basic point is that I get a _lot_ of patches, and I have to prioritize
    my work. That means that I require people who send me patches to keep at
    it until they make it into the kernel.

    And quite frankly, I also require that people maintain them _after_
    they've made it into the kernel, but at that point I also very obviously
    do also maintain them at least partially myself.

    Quite frankly, this particular discussion (and others before it) has just
    made me irritable, and is ADDING pressure. Instead, I'd suggest that if
    you have a complaint about how I handle patches, you think about what I
    end up having to deal with for five minutes.

    Go away, people. Or at least don't Cc me any more. I'm not interested, I'm
    taking a vacation, and I don't want to hear about it any more. In short,
    get the hell out of my mailbox.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:44    [W:0.020 / U:250.900 seconds]