    SubjectRe: 2.1.123 and fbcon.c
       Date: Mon, 28 Sep 1998 15:51:15 -0700 (PDT)
    From: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@transmeta.com>

    I won't disable it, I will just hope that responsible people send me
    reasonable patches. I put my foot down on the hundred-megabyte patches I
    was continually getting from the console people, and I want to have the
    problem fixed as much as the next person.

    Martin does exactly this. But sorry, there are driver updates for
    platforms you don't give a crap about (ie. non-Intel) and this is
    where the immense size comes from.

    Martin and Geert are quite diligent about fixing all bugs reported to
    them, and now that it has all accumulated you still are not taking the
    patch. What do you want him to do? It is at a state where you can't
    just "pick out 200 lines of the fixes" because it simply is a sizable
    patch. Apply it and be done with it, then you can be sure any further
    changes will be tiny. Currently it is at a stale-mate. People are
    maintaining this code, and if you block patches they can't do their
    job. I ask you to be a part of the solution instead of the problem.

    Later,
    David S. Miller
    davem@dm.cobaltmicro.com

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:44    [W:0.018 / U:60.580 seconds]