    SubjectRe: 2.1.123 and fbcon.c

    On Tue, 29 Sep 1998, Martin Mares wrote:
    > [1] The remaining patches are not only bug fixes to fbcon, but mostly
    > final versions of drivers as sent to me by their maintainers. I remember
    > you saying that you _no_way_ want zillions of driver updates and I should
    > queue them up and send as a single large patch.

    Can't anybody understand that things change?

    That was several months ago, and it was without some of the problems I've
    had with the console patches.

    > [2] Since this stuff (except for fbcon+vesafb) doesn't affect i386 at all,
    > I expected you want to handle it as usual arch/ stuff, i.e. no fine-grained
    > separation.

    That used to be true. It's not true any more since I've gotten patches
    that were reported to not impact anything that I cared about, and they
    did. As it is, I want to know that what I'm putting in is ok.

    Linus

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:44    [W:0.019 / U:1.380 seconds]