SubjectRe: 2.1.123 and fbcon.c
Hello,

> I'll accept patches still, but I want them explained better than they have
> been so far. So far I have one huge patch that I can look at and say "ok,
> this won't impact me", and as such it's in theory safe to apply. However,
> at the same time I _know_ it will impact me in the future by me just being
> in line to get the complaints.

[1] The remaining patches are not only bug fixes to fbcon, but mostly
final versions of drivers as sent to me by their maintainers. I remember
you saying that you _no_way_ want zillions of driver updates and I should
queue them up and send as a single large patch.

[2] Since this stuff (except for fbcon+vesafb) doesn't affect i386 at all,
I expected you want to handle it as usual arch/ stuff, i.e. no fine-grained
separation.

OK, I'll start with first few chunks now. Please tell me how do you like them
before I continue.

> I applied the generic non-driver-specific parts, and people promised me it
> wouldn't hurt. It hurt, because it turns out that the patch contained
> parts that _were_ driver-specific after all. Should that make me happy?

It didn't hurt except for the fbcon stuff contained in the large patch.

Have a nice fortnight
--
Martin `MJ' Mares <mj@ucw.cz> http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~mj/
"May the Source be with you..."