SubjectRe: 2.1.123 and fbcon.c
   Date: 	Tue, 29 Sep 1998 11:00:24 +0200
From: Kurt Garloff <garloff@kg1.ping.de>

On Mon, Sep 28, 1998 at 05:35:28PM -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:

> I'm still open to bug fixes, but they had better not be "go look at vger,
> some of the stuff there is bug-fixes". Anybody who thinks that that kind
> of approach works is pretty misguided.

I see, it's not your fault.

Bullshit, nobody has told him "Linus, go look at vger and take that
code", this is utter crap and want this claim to cease immediately.

What people have said is "Linus has not included the patches we keep
trying to send him, if you would like to obtain this patch you can get
them here" and one of the "here"s mentioned happens to be the vger CVS
tree.

Really nice how something can be taken so far out of context. People
put up patches for people to obtain in various forms, if this form is
a CVS repository, what is the big deal? Linus likes to receive
changes in another form and doesn't want to bothered with CVS and
whatnot, this is why we send him patches. I have never once told
Linus, go to vger and get this patch, I don't expect him in a million
years to go out of his way like this so I don't ask it of him. It's
my responsibility to get the patch to him in the correct format he
likes.

People have been trying over and over to send him a patch which fixes
bugs and gets the drivers/video directory sync'd up driver wise for
other architectures, which he said he would put in, and over and over
this person is being flat out ignored by Linus.

Later,
David S. Miller
davem@dm.cobaltmicro.com

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:44    [W:0.099 / U:0.820 seconds]