    SubjectRe: Building Big Ass Linux Machine, what are the limits?
    On Mon, 28 Sep 1998, Neil Conway wrote:

    > Not with my codes - don't rely on this assumption. With our
    > floating-point codes the PII does roughly 10% better per MHz than the
    > PPro. Also, the PII-Xeon can of course handle lots of CPU's, and the
    > cost probably won't be an issue for a "Big-Ass" machine :-)
    > Neil

    I heard that the Xeon can not scale beyond four processors.
    ( Also, they are
    hailing the Xeon as the first 36 bit address space processor by Intel
    (what about the 36 address pins on the Pro?). I will admit that the Xeon
    is spiffy and I wish I had one, but they are not as scalable as the Pro
    was (

    ; ; Chris Zwilling
    ; Don't let people drive you crazy ;
    ; when you know it's in walking distance ; System Administrator
    ; ; 320.240.8243

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:44    [W:0.018 / U:8.780 seconds]