SubjectRe: Building Big Ass Linux Machine, what are the limits?
On Mon, 28 Sep 1998, Neil Conway wrote:

> Not with my codes - don't rely on this assumption. With our
> floating-point codes the PII does roughly 10% better per MHz than the
> PPro. Also, the PII-Xeon can of course handle lots of CPU's, and the
> cost probably won't be an issue for a "Big-Ass" machine :-)
> Neil

I heard that the Xeon can not scale beyond four processors.
( Also, they are
hailing the Xeon as the first 36 bit address space processor by Intel
(what about the 36 address pins on the Pro?). I will admit that the Xeon
is spiffy and I wish I had one, but they are not as scalable as the Pro
was (

; ; Chris Zwilling
; Don't let people drive you crazy ;
; when you know it's in walking distance ; System Administrator
; ; 320.240.8243