    SubjectRe: 2.1.123 and fbcon.c

    On Mon, 28 Sep 1998, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
    > > I have stopped synching up to vger a _long_ time ago. Anybody who still
    > > thinks vger has _any_ relevance to the standard kernel is very much
    > > misguided.
    > In that case, please disable CONFIG_FB completely on the Intel platform, so I
    > won't see any complaints about it anymore. And be sure 2.2 will support less
    > platforms than 2.0. Other platforms rely on an up-to-date drivers/video.

    I won't disable it, I will just hope that responsible people send me
    reasonable patches. I put my foot down on the hundred-megabyte patches I
    was continually getting from the console people, and I want to have the
    problem fixed as much as the next person.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:44    [W:0.026 / U:2.040 seconds]