    SubjectRe: 2.1.123 and fbcon.c
    On Mon, 28 Sep 1998, Linus Torvalds wrote:

    > On Mon, 28 Sep 1998, Cort Dougan wrote:
    > >
    > > We're painfully aware of this. We do sync up with you though, so the vger
    > > tree does have what he needs along with your changes.
    > >
    > > }I have stopped synching up to vger a _long_ time ago. Anybody who still
    > > }thinks vger has _any_ relevance to the standard kernel is very much
    > > }misguided.
    >
    > Note that saying "it's in vger, so you're wasting your time" is still
    > completely and utterly stupid. The fact that it is in vger has absolutely
    > no bearing, especially as there's a _lot_ of stuff in vger that will
    > probably never make it into 2.2.
    >
    > Linus

    How about allowing the fixes in? Broken kernels, or, more
    correctly, kernels with broken console code, suk.

    -Shawn
    <=========== America Held Hostage ===========>
    Day 2076 for the poor and the middle class.
    Day 2095 for the rich and the dead.
    846 days remaining in the Raw Deal.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:44    [W:0.023 / U:0.116 seconds]