    SubjectPorting Microsoft C to Linux
    Date

    Hi all

    I am working on a driver for the ACL serial cards. The manufacturer
    (StarGate, now defunct) has supplied Microsoft C code as examples on how
    the cards are programmed. I have been working through porting this code
    to run under Linux, but there are some functions I am not sure about.
    The _bios_timeofday function, below, is causing some confusion.

    long timeout, currtime;
    _bios_timeofday(_TIME_GETCLOCK, &timeout);
    I have tried replacing it with gettimeofday() but I am not sure what
    TIME_GETCLOCK does so I don't know if I am doing the right thing.

    Any ideas?

    Colin

    PS. This code also includes conio.h and bios.h, neither of which exists
    under Linux.