SubjectRe: ext2fs: inode with zero dtime
Hi,

On Tue, 01 Sep 1998 18:25:13 -0300, "Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH"
<allbery@kf8nh.apk.net> said:

> In message <199809011403.PAA02123@dax.dcs.ed.ac.uk>, "Stephen C. Tweedie"
> writes:
> | That allows us to remount readonly then rw again quite safely. On
> | mounting readwrite, or on remounting the fs after a reboot, any orphaned
> | files can be found and deleted as part of the mount system call. This

> Can you tell whether the file is actually reclaimable at that point, though?

Yes, you can. If you are remounting the filesystem from scratch then
you know that all of the orphaned files can be deleted: you can't
unmount a filesystem with open files (at least not without detaching the
fds). On remount-rw, it is easy to check which of the files are still
in use: a single iget() will tell you the current ref count. (We know
for sure that the inode number cannot have been reused by another file,
because we haven't yet marked it as free on disk.)

I am aware of this issue, and it's not a problem.

--Stephen

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:44    [W:0.082 / U:0.516 seconds]