SubjectRe: kexportfs and knfsd

On Wed, 2 Sep 1998, Anders Hammarquist wrote:

> >From what I can see, kexportfs suuports wildcard, subnet and netgroups
> >as hostname. What else do you have in mind?
>
> Actually, there is a slight glitch with using wildcards (and possibly
> others, though I haven't tried them), since the way it is implemented is
> that mountd adds explicit exports for any host which mounts something
> matching a wildcard export. If you reinitialize the export list (eg
> kexportfs -ua; kexportfs -a) any client that had mounted something
> exported with a wildcard will have to remount it. I have also seen this
> on reboots of the server (though not consistently, so I suspect it has
> to xtab surviving or not).

Anders,

You are not kidding. I just tried this - what a mess. It pulls the mount
right out from underneath the client, which then cannot recover! Worse
yet, the client stays convinced that the vanished mount is busy. You
cannot umount and retry..

What if we compare in-memory mount data with /etc/exports and refuse to
remove anything not present in that file and/or not specifically forced
with a command line flag? Seems easy enough, but perhaps I'm overlooking
something.

Steve

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:44    [W:0.106 / U:2.012 seconds]