    SubjectRE: Linux, UDI and SCO.
    On Sat, 19 Sep 1998, Jordan Mendelson wrote:
    > Curious, wouldn't having UDI drivers running under Linux make them fairly
    > easy to reverse engineer? I mean, the drivers will be calling linux kernel
    > functions through the UDI kernel interface, so if we trace every call we
    > should be able to get a gist of how the driver works.

    You'll find out generic stuff, like what I/O ports the driver uses, and how
    much memory it allocates. Beyond that, you won't get a lot of device-specific
    information because the kernel doesn't have that information--if it did, you
    wouldn't need the driver! :-)

    --Tim Smith

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:44    [W:0.017 / U:32.072 seconds]