SubjectRe: Open letter to the UDI folks?
19-Sep-98 17:17 you wrote:
> I'm thinking this business about UDI from SCO/Intel calls for a community
> response -- basically, an open letter urging the consortium to include
> OSD-conformant licensing of drivers as one of their conformance criteria.

Since UDI is related to I2O it's clear that not all UDI drivers could be
open-source. So there are will be few levels of conformance ("partially
compliant", "conditionally compliant"...). But UDI-compliant drivers without
"any words attached" must be under OSD-conformant licensing...

> Seems to me this is the kind of jawboning is precisely the sort of
> thing we ought to be using my mainstream visibility for (current batch
> of interviews upcoming: Upside, Fast Company, Le Monde, and the NY
> Times business section).

> I'm willing to draft that letter, and will invite signatories from the
> LI Board and the kernel list. OTOH, if anyone else has a case that
> they can do a better job, I will cheerfully defer to it.

> I've looked for a contact address for the UDI people, but have yet to find
> one. Anybody got a line?

There are few lines at http://www.sco.com/udi/ :
-- cut --
Contacts

For more information, contact:

Chair: Kevin Quick, +1 214 654 5173 kquick@iphase.com
Vice Chair: Mark Evenson, +1 408 447 5601 mevenson@cup.hp.com
Secretary: John Lee, +1 650 786 5323 John.Lee@eng.sun.com
Editor: Kurt Gollhardt, +1 908 790 2277 kdg@sco.com
-- cut --

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:44    [W:0.423 / U:0.172 seconds]