Subjectbug in 2.0.35 ?
Hi to all,

I noticed a strange behaviour of my redhat5.0 box when running kernel 2.0.35.
notice that no problem arises in exactly the same conditions on kernel
2.0.34 & 2.0.33.
(I use stock kernel sources, not the red-hat ones)

At the end of every file transfer using minicom1.75, the system keeps on
playing the last note of the little song that usually warns the file
transfer has completed.
A few times the whistle stops after exiting minicom, more often after
logging out,
but sometimes I need to halt the system (It then stops at the early stages
of the shutdown).
What I didn't like at all was the fact that a couple of times I wasn't even
able to shutdown the system!!!
Infact the shutdown command kept executing (and I was'n even able to kill
-9 it)
but was not able to complete its task!!! (I had to switch off :-( )
Anyway I straced minicom and an exerpt is in the attached file.

I am ready to inspect this matter further if needed...

Flavio Lombardi

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:44    [W:0.034 / U:0.500 seconds]