    Date (Alan Cox) writes:

    > Please keep getpmsg/putmsg out of the generic glibc. Thats important because
    > otherwise glibc will break the syscall versions and calderas stuff

    No. The symbols coming from glibc would be shadowed by the symbols in
    other libraries.

    > LD_PRELOAD is your friend

    Again, no. LD_PRELOAD should not be used for anything unless
    absolutely necessary. And for this situation I don't understand where
    you want to use it. If a program is written with STREAMS in mind you
    cannot compile it some way and then magically add the STREAMS library
    at runtime.