    SubjectRe: Question on Vortex/Boomerang NICs
    On Tue, 15 Sep 1998, Shawn Leas wrote:

    > On Tue, 15 Sep 1998, Tom Eastep wrote:
    >
    > > Shawn Leas wrote:
    > > >
    > > > I have been having mysterious lockups related to my 3c59x. One fine day,
    > > > my machine locked HARD when I tried to start X. I mean no magic SysReq
    > > > key, nothing. Didn't respond to pings, it was wedged.
    > >
    > > Do you happen to have a Riva128-based video card? These cards don't like sharing
    > > an IRQ and will exhibit the behavior that you describe.
    >
    > How might I remedy this inside Linux? Under MickyShit Losedoze I'd just
    > fudge with device mgr, but we're locked out of that stuff by some stupid
    > admin software. [These are work PCs]

    Taken care of. Just had to boot with PnP OS set to yes, then Linux took
    care of me like a good bartender.

    -Shawn
    <=========== America Held Hostage ===========>
    Day 2064 for the poor and the middle class.
    Day 2083 for the rich and the dead.
    858 days remaining in the Raw Deal.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:44    [W:0.019 / U:31.044 seconds]