    SubjectRe: OFFTOPIC: Who sets Standards?
    In message <Pine.LNX.3.95.980915155439.12281A-100000@ariel.imagegroup.com>,
    Dav
    e DeMaagd writes:
    +-----
    | > Who the hell are the guys from
    | > http://www.linuxstandards.org/ ?
    |
    | My take on it is that they are a serious bunch of @ssholes, trying to get
    | on the Linux bandwagon, and make the most of it for themselved. AFAIK,
    | there is not one of the 'big names' in the Linux developer/advocacy
    | community that has supported them. With any luck they will be dead in the
    | water, or anything they do will be a moot point.
    +--->8

    Yup. Best guess is that they heard that IBM might be interested in a Linux
    distribution, and decided that if they threw together something that looked
    like an IBM-like stuffy standards organization then *they* could be the
    source of the distribution.

    Given that IBM seems to be batting zero outside the mainframe market (their
    NT group is doing its damnedest to wipe out the RS/6000 and AS/400) I have
    to wonder just what they think they'd achieve even if they succeeded.

    --
    brandon s. allbery [os/2][linux][solaris][japh] allbery@kf8nh.apk.net
    system administrator [WAY too many hats] allbery@ece.cmu.edu

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:44    [W:0.025 / U:0.368 seconds]