SubjectRe: 2.0.36-pre9
Date
> Strange that nobody else has noticed, but "sys_bind" seems to be broken.
> It does return "0" for an already used socket.

Arghhh.. I bet thats what broke rlogin.

> I am not so pleased with Alan blocking all egcs-related patches from kernel
> 2.0.x. I am using development snatshopts and now egcs 1.1 on many machines
> and haven't had any failure that could be blamed on egcs (having the known
> kernel-bugs fixed of course).

Thats the important biot "Having the known kernel bugs fixed". As the
error message says

#warning "This code is tested with gcc 2.7.2.x only. Using egcs/gcc 2.8.x needs"#warning "additional patches that have not been sufficiently tested to include by"
#warning "default."
#error "Remove this if you have applied the gcc 2.8/egcs patches and wish to use them"

> I will setup a WWW-page with patches ASAP and try to put them on the egcs
> FAQ-page, if possible. Are there any similar pages already floating around?

If you do set up a "this is the patch set needed for egcs" web site please
give me the URL and I'll including it in the #warning block above.

Alan