    Subjectkexportfs features
      There are several improvements that I need to be made to kexportfs

    1. The Clients should be stored in xtab as IP numbers.
    Right now kmountd can hang for a long time on start-up
    trying to resolve names. It calls auth_init before
    it forks. I don't see any down side to this, but I
    can be myopic at times.

    2. If the kernel rejects an export kexportfs still makes an
    entry in the xtab file. This would not be a problem except
    that the order that kmountd will mount these after a reboot
    is not clear.

    3. The command `kexport -u bob:/usr' should unexport if
    that is what `bob' resolves to. I think that fixing 1. above will
    fix this problem as well. Since all lookups can be done by IP.

    G. Allen Morris III

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:44    [W:0.024 / U:0.820 seconds]