SubjectRe: UFS CD-ROM problems?
On Fri, 11 Sep 1998, Bill Hawes wrote:

> OK, that's good -- the patch only fixed problems on error exits, so I
> wouldn't expect it to make the CD work.

The 2.1.120+ release already contains a proper fix for the lock-up.

> To narrow the problem, you could try adding some printks to the various
> tests that lead to exit, and once the failing test is identified, it
> should be easy (or at least easier :-)) to see what changes caused it to
> fail.

The reason is known: there is something wrong with handling of cylinder
groups. See the attached log. A UFS cg expert is urgently needed.

If anyone finds it helpful I might dig through DU/Ultrix UFS CDs I have
here to find the smallest fs and make it available in some way.

+ e-mail: macro@ds2.pg.gda.pl, PGP key available +

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:44    [W:0.074 / U:0.056 seconds]