SubjectRe: UFS CD-ROM problems?
Steven N. Hirsch wrote:

> The good news is: No more lockups.
>
> The bad news is: Linux is still unable to mount Digital UFS CD-ROMs. On
> mount attempts, the file system driver carps about it ".. needing fsck"
> and gives up with the usual informative message ("too many mounted
> filesystems, blah, blah).
>
> Since this (apparently) used to work, I'm hoping the UFS folks can chase
> down the remaining ills.

OK, that's good -- the patch only fixed problems on error exits, so I
wouldn't expect it to make the CD work.

To narrow the problem, you could try adding some printks to the various
tests that lead to exit, and once the failing test is identified, it
should be easy (or at least easier :-)) to see what changes caused it to
fail.

Regards,
Bill

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:44    [W:0.095 / U:0.048 seconds]