    SubjectRe: NFS does not work
    Thomas Kunert wrote:

    > No, it doesn't change anything. I still get problems and then the
    > connection hangs. The system is still alive, but I need to reboot in
    > order to recover from the hanging filesystem.
    >
    > Here is the dmesg output, just in case the order of the messages
    > matters:
    >
    > nfs: server ptprs11 not responding, still trying
    > RPC: task timed out
    > nfs: server ptprs11 not responding, still trying
    > RPC: task timed out
    > RPC: task timed out
    > RPC: task timed out

    Hi Thomas,

    If you can reproduce the problems easily, it would be helpful to get an
    RPC error log just prior to the start of the problems. You can turn it
    on with

    echo 65535 >/proc/sys/sunrpc/rpc_debug

    It's likely to be voluminous, but maybe you can try turning it on
    somewhat after you start the connection.

    Hopefully this will show some anomalous condition.

    If you have access to another server that doesn't show any problems,
    diffing a log of the good server vs the AIX one might help as well.

    Regards,
    Bill

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:44    [W:0.031 / U:30.692 seconds]