SubjectRe: Uniform Driver Interface (UDI)

Linus> On Mon, 31 Aug 1998, Juergen Hennerich wrote:
>> Has anybody heared something about the UDI project:

Linus> Yes.

Linus> It's potentially interesting, and it may even turn out to be
Linus> something worthwhile. I'm slightly nervous about the
Linus> comittee-like approach they've had to it, and I suspect a
Linus> subset of UDI is more interesting than the whole thing, but
Linus> I'll have an open mind.

Linus> I'll be happier with real drivers, but if UDI takes off it is
Linus> certainly something we should look at.

Its going to be very interesting to see how they will solve the
mbuf<->skbuff conversion in a reasonable way ;-)