    SubjectRe: ext2fs: inode with zero dtime
    In message <>, "Stephen C. Tweedie"
    | The issue is whether a user-requested remount can succeed with orphaned
    | files. As long as the filesystem is entirely unable to cleanly deal
    | with that situation, such a remount must be rejected.

    Alternative suggestion: do as the error case, remount read-only with the
    filesystem still marked dirty on disk. fsck still catches it on the next

    | It is even _more_ inconsistent to say that with orphaned files, we'll
    | let the user remount ro but not rw again!

    But such an action is unsafe, therefore it is *correct* to do so regardless
    of how "consistent" it is.

    brandon s. allbery [os/2][linux][solaris][japh]
    system administrator [WAY too many hats]
    electrical and computer engineering KF8NH
    carnegie mellon university

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:44    [W:0.019 / U:5.328 seconds]