SubjectRe: Next round of console patches
> What does it have to do with PCI ? PCI is just one way to ident boards.
> We may be setting mtrrs on things identified by other means on other busses
> and with other processors

The MTRR code already does some fixups in the PCI quirk code, so it seems
natural to place the other fixup there.

Anyway, PCI is the only bus with device IDs supported by current kernels in
machines having MTRR's. After we will have some generic device ID system
(hopefully in 2.3), it will be nice to use it instead, but for now it will
be probably fine to stick with the simple PCI-only solution.

Have a nice fortnight
--
Martin `MJ' Mares <mj@ucw.cz> http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~mj/
"Don't forget to save the Earth! We don't have any backups!"