SubjectRe: vesafb-HOWTO v0.6 released
        Can we stop this silly feud? It takes ALL kinds of people and browsers
to fill the world. If you choose to use a non-gui browser that is your
choice. If Alex wants to use frames in his web site, it's his choice. I
personally believe that frames, graphics and sound make the internet more
interesting (although slower to load), and I can turn them off if I choose.
Gui's have made the computer world more bearable for the masses (including me).
Instead of complaining about the use of frames, why not find, or write, a way
around, or through, it's use for lynx, or whatever browser you happen to be
using, and stop insulting the intelligence, and choices, of other people.
LP

On 09-Aug-98 Lauri Tischler wrote:
> Hmmph.. Alex has propably lost his tiny gray cell, by demanding that people
> who use Linux also use some specific frame-enabled browser.
> I see no reason to load some useless GUI on my well functioning
> Linux-servers.
> Cheers..
>
> Alan Cox wrote:
>>
>> > Actually, this has been there for a long time. I originally left that
>> > message in because older browsers doesn't support frames. I think frames
>> > are a valuable web tool.
>>
>> Poor mislead person
>>
>> > I was quite willing to acommodate Lynx users by modifying my web site to
>> > support Lynx users, but thanks to you, I don't think I'll be doing that.
>>
>> So you dont care about your document being readable by the blind or people
>> stuck on things like freenet accounts ?
>>
>> -
>> To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in
>> the body of a message to majordomo@vger.rutgers.edu
>> Please read the FAQ at http://www.altern.org/andrebalsa/doc/lkml-faq.html
>
> -
> Please read the FAQ at http://www.altern.org/andrebalsa/doc/lkml-faq.html

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:43    [W:1.401 / U:0.008 seconds]