SubjectRe: vesafb-HOWTO v0.6 released
Date
Alex Buell enscribed thusly:
> On Sat, 8 Aug 1998, Paul Duncan wrote:

> > > Not in the way I am thinking of. All it does when it encounters the frames
> > > definitions is to put a link for each of the frame.

> > Ah, so you admit that it supports frames. Thanx, that's all I wanted.

> No, I did *not*. Lynx *does* not support frames in the way that a
> graphical browser like Netscape 3 does, therefore Lynx does not have
> *true* frames support.

In a previous life I was working with people with disablities. We
spent a lot of time helping some blind individuals to access the web. We
were actually pleased that most sites with complex tables would actually
be pretty reasonable under lynx. Combined with speech synthizers and
speech command recognizers, blind people could function pretty well on
the web. It's a shame to see them orphaned off this way.

A friend of mine is Warren Tucker. He is the author of the ECU
(extended call-up utility) package. VERY FEW on the network realize that
this brilliant individual is a quadi-pledgic. He suffered a spinal injury
in a diving accident years ago and works with a variety of physical aids.
He is a common denizen on the web and really does not deserve being shafted
over because he can't quite deal with the fancy dancing twiddles that someone
puts on their page with no allowance for simpler access methods.

I personally loath frames. They screw up the browser history and
general navigation in ways that are simply unacceptable. To screw over the
handicaped was adding insult to injury! Most sites which promote frames
will also support non-frames access. There are people who have no choice.
What is your choice? At least you have one!

> Cheers,
> Alex
> --
> /\_/\ Legalise cannabis now!
> ( o.o ) Grow some cannabis today!
> > ^ < Peace, Love, Unity and Respect to all.

> http://www.tahallah.demon.co.uk

Mike
--
Michael H. Warfield | (770) 985-6132 | mhw@WittsEnd.com