    SubjectRe: Antw: Re: CIPE - Encrypted IP Encapsulation
    On Sat, 8 Aug 1998 linker@z.ml.org wrote:

    > One of the nice things about the Linux development model is that it's
    > highly fault tolerant. If the NSA kills Donald Becker, Linus, and
    > David Miller then Alan Cox can contiue maintainership. :)

    Actually, the NSA has no authority to terminate persons. It's only the
    shadowy figures in the corridors of power in Washingon DC who do. :o) BTW
    (going offtopic here) did anyone ever see the Sneakers movie, about that
    "black box" that would instantly decrypt almost anything? It sounded
    *exactly* like a quantum computer to me - from what I understand from
    cryptology and quantum mechanics (not that I understand it completely, who
    doesn't?), a quantum computer would have the ability to solve all types of
    complex equations almost instantly - and that will be the death knell to
    most of the current crypto-technology we employ. Sinister implications
    there for PGP and triple-encrypted DES.

    Cheers,
    Alex
    --
    /\_/\ Legalise cannabis now!
    ( o.o ) Grow some cannabis today!
    > ^ < Peace, Love, Unity and Respect to all.

    http://www.tahallah.demon.co.uk

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:43    [W:0.020 / U:29.236 seconds]