    SubjectRe: DEVFSv50 and /dev/fb? (or /dev/fb/? ???)
    Andrea Arcangeli writes:
    > On Wed, 5 Aug 1998, Andrea Arcangeli wrote:
    > >I don' t know about the Theodore idea of ugly but I agree with him. _I_
    > >see devfs flowed by its start. I just explained my thoughts about devfs
    > Ton of emails convinced me that devfs could be useful (even if I don' t
    > need it now, and it' s not useful due the fast file lookup in /dev/). I
    > would like more devfs if it would be more clean/simple to register a
    > device in devfs. A new thing I noticed is that void * are used in some
    > places, why not to use a type != void to allow C to detect cast bugs?

    I'm not sure exactly what you're driving at here. I assume you're
    talking about the devfs_*() function prototypes?

    Can you point to a particular piece of code where you think a pointer
    other than to void is better?
    Also bear in mind that in one driver the pointer type is going to be
    different than another, hence the generic void * prototype is better.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:43    [W:0.021 / U:0.524 seconds]