SubjectRe: DEVFSv50 and /dev/fb? (or /dev/fb/? ???)
In article <>,
Terry L Ridder <> wrote:
>Companies want/desire/demand/need simple answers and dev_fs is not a
>answer. They read the FAQ and run screaming away because of the naming

Companies like Oracle that have engineered some of the most refined database
software in the world cannot understand the devfs naming scheme? It's
almost the same as the Solaris / Unixware naming scheme, guess Oracle
won't run on those OSes either then.

I like devfs. I tried it this week for the first time and the naming
scheme with subdirectories per device type and devices only showing up
when they actually exist is like having a breath of fresh air.

Miquel van Smoorenburg | Our vision is to speed up time, | eventually eliminating it. <*>