    SubjectRe: DEVFSv50 and /dev/fb? (or /dev/fb/? ???)
    Date
    In article <35C7E528.72C1D18@tbcnet.com>,
    Terry L Ridder <terrylr@tbcnet.com> wrote:
    >Companies want/desire/demand/need simple answers and dev_fs is not a
    >simple
    >answer. They read the FAQ and run screaming away because of the naming
    >scheme.

    Companies like Oracle that have engineered some of the most refined database
    software in the world cannot understand the devfs naming scheme? It's
    almost the same as the Solaris / Unixware naming scheme, guess Oracle
    won't run on those OSes either then.

    I like devfs. I tried it this week for the first time and the naming
    scheme with subdirectories per device type and devices only showing up
    when they actually exist is like having a breath of fresh air.

    Mike.
    --
    Miquel van Smoorenburg | Our vision is to speed up time,
    miquels@cistron.nl | eventually eliminating it. <*>