Subjectmalloc()? vmalloc()? kmalloc()?

Hi,

I'm thinking about a device driver (for a framegrabber card, to be more
specific) and it would need a quite large frame buffer because after a
snapshot it should have the whole image at random access, if I read the
code for video4linux correctly...

The problem is that I just found too few information to decide which one
is correct, programmer's documentation seems to be quite sparse...

By the way, I would need a correct way to do buffer_mmap() operation
(the driver end of mmap()) then, too.

Furthermore, is somewhere out there a compilation of questions like these
ones? (How to write a driver, certain specifications for various device
classes, documentation of certain kernel functions ect...)

Carsten

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:43    [W:0.029 / U:0.036 seconds]