SubjectRe: ftp.kernel.org overloaded :-(
On Fri, 28 Aug 1998, Gerd Knorr wrote:

>I have some problems to pick up the 2.1.118 patch. Downloading directly
>from frp.kernel.org is out of question becauce it takes way to long.
>Seems even the mirrors have problems to pick up the patches. My favorite
>Mirrors (ftp.cs.tu-berlin.de,ftp.gwdg.de) still hav'nt 2.1.118. 2.1.119
>is already there, probably becauce it is smaller and therfore easier to
>download.
>
>Can this be fixed somehow? Maybe limit access to ftp.kernel.org for
>"normal" users and have extra ftp class for mirrors?

How about only allowing MIRROR's to download FULL kernels, and
normal users MUST download patches only? I think this is fair.

--
Mike A. Harris - Computer Consultant - Linux advocate

Escape from the confines of Microsoft's operating systems and push your
PC to it's limits with LINUX - a real OS. http://www.redhat.com

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans