SubjectRe: overloaded :-(
Followup to:  <>
By author: Jeremy Katz <>
In newsgroup:
> Okay, how's this for a thought... Linus has said many times that he would
> prefer to distribute _just_ patches. This being the case, what if release
> of devel kernels was changed so that every ten or so kernels, a complete
> tarball would be released and just release the patches in between (though
> have the patches available for the decade patches). This would cut down
> on the amount of space required for a complete mirror I would
> think. Another thought would be to set up a machine so
> that people downloading the smaller file can get it and go without having
> to compete with people downloading the entire tarball. Perhaps Redhat or
> someone would be willing to set up such a machine. Maybe I'm just
> rambling, but I've had this disucssion about's speed with a few
> people and this is what we thought might work.
> Jeremy Katz

That just isn't going to happen, sorry.

However, *please* be aware of the
mailing list; it gets automailed from on release of a new

(There is a size limit imposed by the sysadmin. If
it becomes too onerous, please let him know so it can be adjusted.)

PGP: 2047/2A960705 BA 03 D3 2C 14 A8 A8 BD 1E DF FE 69 EE 35 BD 74
See for web page and full PGP public key
I am Bahá'í -- ask me about it or see
"To love another person is to see the face of God." -- Les Misérables