    SubjectRe: CIPE - Encrypted IP Encapsulation
    This is true, however a cipe like patch could be available and kept fairly
    upto-date, where as cipe has much potential but no one working on it, and
    it does not _easily_ intigrate with the kernel, as in the source.
    Currently there are many different approaches to encrypted ip tunneling,
    two noteable ones are skey and cipe. I was just pointing out that this is
    a widely liked idea, and hell, solaris has it, why shouldn't we?

    -- Max Inux <> Hey Christy!!!! KeyID 0x8907E9E5
    Kinky Sex makes the world go round O R Strong crypto makes the world safe
    If crypto is outlawed only outlaws will have crypto
    Fingerprint(photo soon): 259D 59F7 D98C CD73 1ACD 54Ea 6C43 4877 8907 E9E5

    On Mon, 3 Aug 1998, Trevor Johnson wrote:

    >Judging from your signature, I think you can easily guess the answer. :)
    >Perhaps something along these lines is worth putting in the FAQ.
    >Q: I need encryption and steganography. Why isn't it in the kernel?
    >A: In France and Russia, strong encryption is essentially illegal:
    >according to, using it
    >there requires a license which is seldom granted. The United States has
    >cumbersome restrictions on exporting such software (it's considered a
    >"munition"--see Having
    >these features in the standard kernel would therefore cause great
    >inconvenience to people in those countries. However, separate programs
    >and patches to the kernel are available at
    > (*),
    >, and other places.
    >(*) Andrew Mileski's site was down when I tried it just now, so perhaps
    >this is out of date.
    >Trevor Johnson

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:43    [W:0.021 / U:54.624 seconds]