    SubjectRe: CIPE - Encrypted IP Encapsulation
    On Sun, 2 Aug 1998, Max Inux wrote:

    > I was looking around at different IP Tunneling and encapsulation utilities
    > when I stumbled accrosed CIPE, semi-stagnant at 0.5.6 for 4+ months, I
    > decided to mess with it along with two friends a mine, one in New York,
    > one in England. First step we actually got it work.. looks pretty neat,
    > (used as a module). Anyways, Onto the question.
    > Are there any plans for a CIPE-like networking option in the kernel? or
    > just addons like this? Or wold it be possible just to merge the CIPE tree
    > into the kernel (it appears ready for it to be inserted into the
    > kernel..).
    > For those interested CIPE can be found at

    I believe IPv6 has an encryption mechanism built in. Chances are
    we'll all be running IPv6 before too much longer...

    Mike A. Harris - Computer Consultant - Linux advocate

    Escape from the confines of Microsoft's operating systems and push your
    PC to it's limits with LINUX - a real OS.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:43    [W:0.031 / U:3.188 seconds]