    SubjectRe: de4x5.c patch against 2.1.117
    On Thu, 27 Aug 1998, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
    > On Thu, 27 Aug 1998, Dan Hollis wrote:
    > > FWIW, can you put a PnP ISA soundcard in your CHRP box, and run isapnp and
    > > have it configured properly? And can you then successfully use the proper
    > > sound drivers? I'd be interested to know if it works (or doesnt).
    > I don't have any ISA board.
    > I have PnP CS4236B sound on the motherboard, but isapnpdump doesn't find
    > it. On newer motherboard revisions, isapnpdump does find the CS4236B.

    It would be interesting to find out why isapnpdump cant find it.

    > Sound works fine on all boards with the stock CS4236 driver.

    Even yours without isapnpconfig? Are you just guessing what the default
    configuration of the CS4236 parameters are?

    > BTW, on newer motherboard revisions the ISA connector is no longer
    > present, but the PCB traces and holes are, so you can solder your own
    > connector :-)

    Dont some MIPS or Alpha boxen have ISA slots?

    -Dan

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:44    [W:0.036 / U:0.224 seconds]