    SubjectRe: 2.1.118 Tons of oopes
       Date: 	Wed, 26 Aug 1998 19:11:25 +1000
    From: Richard Gooch <rgooch@atnf.csiro.au>

    Linus: for god's sake, back out the particular patch that did this!
    Surely we can live with having flush() at the end of the structure?!?!

    This is 2.1.x, for 2.0.x I could understand your grievance, but for
    2.1.x it really isn't called for to complain about it. In fact this
    is the first time I have heard anyone complain about a fundamental
    structure change in 2.1.x, how come you didn't speak up during all the
    dentry structure changes, why is this instance different?

    It is beneficial to put it somewhere in the middle, as then you can
    perform compiler warning/error message driven updates, if you put it
    at the end much of the code will compiler silently.

    Later,
    David S. Miller
    davem@dm.cobaltmicro.com

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:44    [W:3.837 / U:0.252 seconds]