    SubjectRe: booting RAID partitions
    Rob Hagopian <hagopiar@vuser.vu.union.edu> écrit:
    > Yes, lilo can't read the kernel from more than one drive, but that's not
    > the issue. [...]
    >
    > On 24 Aug 1998, Michael Shields wrote:
    > > Apparently because lilo cannot read the kernel from more than one disk.

    Hi,

    That is not correct, lilo can deal with every disk
    recognised by BIOS and load a stripped kernel.
    Lilo's problem is to get which hardware sector and which
    disk to read. Disk is a known problem because of the possible
    remapping by the BIOS, but is there a standard way to get
    the hardware sector (LBA or CHS, another thread...)
    from the inode ?

    I am really interrested by the answer, i.e. a function
    to call in the kernel (or to cut&paste) which works for
    RAID devices and preferably for different filesystem...
    or better a kernel request (but before 2.3).

    Etienne.

    --
    -- The world belong to its organizer.