SubjectRe: pre egcs-1.1 testing and Linux 2.1.x

On Sun, 23 Aug 1998, David S. Miller wrote:

> However, I will continue to ignore developers who don't say "we
> will fix it eventually", but instead say "let's remove the feature,
> we'll never be able to fix it".
>
> And the egcs team has not said the latter. But they will turn the
> feature off until such time as the fix is made, since it generates
> incorrect code.

So how do you explain that one person already stepped up and said he has
had a patch for this problem for two years now?

And the patch wasn't a matter of disabling the feature.

How long do we have to go round the merry-go-round before the gcc people
start admitting to bugs instead of blaming the kernel when something goes
wrong?

Linus

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:44    [W:0.105 / U:0.660 seconds]