    SubjectRe: [OFFTOPIC] Re: iMacs from Apple
    Tim Smith wrote:

    > On Wed, 19 Aug 1998, Paul Duncan wrote:
    > > Good choice by the way... There pretty fscking cool computers. :)
    >
    > No SCSI, no slots, small monitor, expansion limited to sticking things
    > on USB or ethernet or modem or replacing the existing drive. Not
    > exactly the kind of machine I visualize a Linux hacker lusting after.

    No SCSI, no slots, no monitor, expansion limited to sticking things
    on parport, ethernet, or modem, or replacing the existing drive.
    The Corel Linux Computer. ;-)

    I have not decided between the Corel Linux Computer or an Acorn
    Computer.
    Anyone know of an Acorn Computer Dealer in the USA?

    > The iMac is sort of cute (although I still think it looks like a small
    > bar-b-q), but the regular G3 Macs seem a lot better for most experienced
    > users and/or hackers.

    I do not know if you have any children Tim, but from experience of
    moving
    two daughters into college and back home again over the past several
    years,
    even though they are experienced users, a Corel Linux Computer, or
    IMac looks nice. ;-) Sure would beat hauling a midtower, monitor,
    keyboard,
    mouse, external peripherals, etc. Already lost one monitor to a drop
    test. ;-)

    The IMac is a luggable (?), while the Corel Linux COmputer fits in a
    back pack.

    --
    Terry L. Ridder
    Blue Danube Software (Blaue Donau Software)

    When the toast is burnt
    and all the milk has turned
    and Captain Crunch is waving farewell
    when the Big One finds you
    may this song remind you that they
    don't serve breakfast in hell
    ==Breakfast==Newsboys

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:44    [W:0.023 / U:29.484 seconds]