SubjectRe: vgacon / vesafb performance stats
Hi,

> I think that after weekend I do some more testing because of I'm interested
> how much MGA acceleration accelerates character drawing and bmove. I do
> not know, whether my results are relevant, because I cannot believe that
> my GRAPHICS driver can outperform character console from 2.0.34... Yes,
> it is fast, but...

I'm not sure how much of the test execution time is spent in the console
code -- if you send lots of five-character or one-character strings to the
console, the most of time is probably spent in syscall entry/exit, VFS layer,
verify_area and similar places. Try sending 32K blocks at once to see the
real console throughput.

Have a nice fortnight
--
Martin `MJ' Mares <mj@ucw.cz> http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~mj/