    SubjectRe: vgacon / vesafb performance stats

    > I think that after weekend I do some more testing because of I'm interested
    > how much MGA acceleration accelerates character drawing and bmove. I do
    > not know, whether my results are relevant, because I cannot believe that
    > my GRAPHICS driver can outperform character console from 2.0.34... Yes,
    > it is fast, but...

    I'm not sure how much of the test execution time is spent in the console
    code -- if you send lots of five-character or one-character strings to the
    console, the most of time is probably spent in syscall entry/exit, VFS layer,
    verify_area and similar places. Try sending 32K blocks at once to see the
    real console throughput.

    Have a nice fortnight
    Martin `MJ' Mares <>
    "Is there a life before death?"

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:43    [W:0.018 / U:32.032 seconds]