SubjectRe: Dest Unreach Rate limits, was: Re: Linux 2.1.x showstopper list
Date
Hello!

> > It is not fixed on vger. The problem is that 2.1 uses the destination cache
> > now to load limit ICMP messages, but dest unreach is send when no suitable
> > destination entry could be computed.

Andy, could you show me how it is possible to make it?
As I undertsnad now, this problem never existed.

> P.S.: Alexey predicted that replacing the 2.0 ICMP small cache could lead
> to some problems - he was right.

As I remember, I meaned mainly IPv6 that time.
There we will have to create useless clones to limit load properly.
This problem is solved in somewhat tricky and fascist way
in my patch.

In IPv4 things are simpler: if you managed to create path
to send ICMP, you send it and load limiting works.
If you failed, nothing is sent, so that there is nothing to limit.
Did I miss something?

Alexey

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:44    [W:0.064 / U:0.112 seconds]