SubjectRe: Flexible Console open (really little patch)
Richard Gooch wrote:

> > I don't think so. It solves a problem at a very easy way and does not
> > hurt anyone. We support a few paths for the init program - why don't
> > be flexible with the path of /dev/console? (Specialy if there is a good
> > reason for: it's possible that /dev will be mounted later from a boot
> > script.)

How about a console= line passed by the boot loader?

> As Matti has pointed out, you can have /dev/console sitting on your
> root device for use before devfs is mounted.

Not if /dev does not exist, the exact problem I ran into with LRP, which creates
/dev/ from /linuxrc.

--
http://www.psychosis.com/emc/ Elite MicroComputers 732-541-4214
http://www.linuxrouter.org/ Linux Router Project

I am a regex s/retard/student/. Pray. There is hope.