    SubjectRe: Memory leak
    On Tue, 18 Aug 1998, Andi Kleen wrote:

    > > > You could press Shift-Roll on the console - if it is a networking or
    > > > buffer leak then it should show up there. If it is some other subsystem
    > > > then special patches will be needed to track it down.
    > >
    > > What is "Shift-Roll". Is that on a Mac keyboard?
    >
    > Sorry, on the US keyboard it is Shift-Scroll-Lock. On my German keyboard it is
    > labelled "Rollen" and then I somehow though it was "roll" on the US keyboard.

    Ahh. I just did that, and there is a number there 8447:

    CLEAN: 8447 buffers, 3 used (last=3), 0 locked, 0 protected, 0 dirty

    With no processes doing anything in the background, I keep
    pressing SHIFT-SCROLL and the CLEAN: xxxx number increases with
    each keypress. Is this normal?

    --
    Mike A. Harris - Computer Consultant - Linux advocate

    Escape from the confines of Microsoft's operating systems and push your
    PC to it's limits with LINUX - a real OS. http://www.redhat.com

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:44    [W:0.020 / U:32.500 seconds]