SubjectRe: Memory leak
On Tue, 18 Aug 1998, Andi Kleen wrote:

> > > You could press Shift-Roll on the console - if it is a networking or
> > > buffer leak then it should show up there. If it is some other subsystem
> > > then special patches will be needed to track it down.
> >
> > What is "Shift-Roll". Is that on a Mac keyboard?
>
> Sorry, on the US keyboard it is Shift-Scroll-Lock. On my German keyboard it is
> labelled "Rollen" and then I somehow though it was "roll" on the US keyboard.

Ahh. I just did that, and there is a number there 8447:

CLEAN: 8447 buffers, 3 used (last=3), 0 locked, 0 protected, 0 dirty

With no processes doing anything in the background, I keep
pressing SHIFT-SCROLL and the CLEAN: xxxx number increases with
each keypress. Is this normal?
--
Mike A. Harris - Computer Consultant - Linux advocate

Escape from the confines of Microsoft's operating systems and push your
PC to it's limits with LINUX - a real OS. http://www.redhat.com

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans