SubjectRe: Dynamic swap file allocation -> swapd
Date
marc_merlin@magic.metawire.com (Marc MERLIN) writes:
> I have however been using swapd for the last 3 years (or so).
>
> It was written by Nick Holloway <Nick.Holloway@alfie.demon.co.uk>, but as
> far as I know, the last version he put out was 1.3.
> I made a port to kernels 2.x and sent him my patch for version 1.4, but I
> never really heard back from him.

Guilty as charged. I made the changes, and added support for real-time
scheduling (contributed), but never released it as I didn't have an up
to date libc at the time to use sched_setscheduler (it turned out I had
mispelt it when manually applying the patch).

I've updated it for glibc, and made it available on my web space:

http://www.alfie.demon.co.uk/download/swapd-1.4.tar.gz

As it says in the notes, I don't use it -- it is a proof of concept.
I didn't know anybody else did use it.

I've made the GPL licence explicit -- anybody want to maintain it?

PS: This means that there is one less application that required the 1.2
style format of /proc/meminfo :-)

--
`O O' | Home: Nick.Holloway@alfie.demon.co.uk http://www.alfie.demon.co.uk/
// ^ \\ | Work: Nick.Holloway@parallax.co.uk