SubjectNFS error messages.
Hi everybody!

I have following problem: I get somewhat cryptic and quite annoying
error messages on some of my NFS connected linux machines. These
messages tend to look like this example here:

kernel: nfs_stat_to_errno: bad nfs status return value: 16
amd[21586]: rmdir(/tmp_mnt/HP-UX/opt): I/O error

HP-UX is our HP file server. My question is thus: can anyone tell
me what this message means, in particular the 'kernel' part of it?
But my luck would be complete if someone could tell me whether there
exists a list of error messages from the kernel that also explains
in any datail what they mean and where I can get hold of it.

BTW, the operation of neither machine seems to be hampered in
connection to these messages, but error messages they still are and
there shouldn't be ANY.:-)

Thanx.
--
Adam Soltan, Jr. <soltan@speech.kth.se>