SubjectRe: Solid v2.1.115 kernel lockup
> I've been testing the sound drivers in v2.1.115 of the kernel, and I'm sad
> to say that playing two different WAVs one after the other resulted in a
> solid system lockup. Nothing, not even SYSRQ worked, needed to use the big
> red switch. :o(

I've had the same problem for a while now. Both the rvplayer and the
esound daemon lock things up hard. I haven't tried to isolate the
problem (it isn't easy when the machine just freezes) but I will if
this is a mystery (not just something I have configured incorrectly).

I've got a SoundBlaster 16 and the driver is built as a module.

(I think, but am not sure, that it also happens in the latest
2.0 kernels. I'll probably test this tomorrow)

--
Kirk Petersen
www.speakeasy.org/~kirk/