    SubjectRe: Solid v2.1.115 kernel lockup
    > I've been testing the sound drivers in v2.1.115 of the kernel, and I'm sad
    > to say that playing two different WAVs one after the other resulted in a
    > solid system lockup. Nothing, not even SYSRQ worked, needed to use the big
    > red switch. :o(

    I've had the same problem for a while now. Both the rvplayer and the
    esound daemon lock things up hard. I haven't tried to isolate the
    problem (it isn't easy when the machine just freezes) but I will if
    this is a mystery (not just something I have configured incorrectly).

    I've got a SoundBlaster 16 and the driver is built as a module.

    (I think, but am not sure, that it also happens in the latest
    2.0 kernels. I'll probably test this tomorrow)

    --
    Kirk Petersen
    www.speakeasy.org/~kirk/