SubjectRe: Winmodem support
[The chart is at the end of this posting. -A]

Craig Schlenter wrote:
>Contention #2: Specs are 'historically difficult' to obtain.
>
>(2) Has anyone tried to get the specs for the winmodems? Saying things
>like 'historically difficult' doesn't exactly tell us whether or not
>someone has asked hard enough for the specs. The more people that ask, the
>greater the chance that something will happen.
>
>I've mailed support@usr.com and asked for the specs btw.

I would really like to see an answer to Craig's question.
Board vendors or other types of boards sometimes do not like to
release their specifications, but in those cases, has any had trouble
with just ordering the chip documentation and seeing if the chips are
not simply mapped in a straightforward way corresponding to the ISA
Plug'n'Play information that the boards export?

--
Adam J. Richter __ ______________ 4880 Stevens Creek Blvd, Suite 205
adam@yggdrasil.com \ / San Jose, California 95129-1034