SubjectSupport for >2Gig files on i386

> If someone who understands the kernel programming issues wants to try to
> tackle the >2GB file problem, I'd be happy to work with them. There's a
> cheat you can do which bypasses the generic file read/write routines

Ok, what about following idea: make kernel option

[ ] 64-bit VFS (this is going to make your kernel slow).

Would that be so hard? If not, this might be the way to go. It is
ugly, yes, but it might be the solution for 2.2.X. I see, we would
have to add xstat - like interface...

> (which require >2GB support in the VFS) for files >2GB which would
> probably not be *that* hard to do. It might not be the most efficient
> thing in the world, since it would have to bypass the page cache, but it
> would at least provide the basic level of functionality.

I'm really Pavel
Look at ;-).